Saturday, October 10, 2015

C4C307: Costumed Character

Hello! It is time for another challenge from Crazy 4 Challenges and this week we want you to showcase a costumed character. I made a Halloween card but that isn’t a requirement. ;)

C4CInCostume_A_DanielleLounds

I had a lot of fun with this card and it all started with the background. I recently picked up the CMS050 Trick or Treat stamp set all because of the spider web. And I’m glad because it made for a great background.  I stamped the spider web on watercolor paper and heat embossed with white embossing powder. I then used Hickory Smoke Distress Spray Stain and applied layers of color to the paper by spritzing, spraying with water, drying, and then smooshing into leftover ink and spritzing even more. I just kept applying color until I was happy with the texture. Once I was happy I used a stitched rectangle die to cut out the panel and matted on black cardstock.

C4CInCostume_C_DanielleLounds

For the main focal point and my costumed character I pulled out a set I illustrated last year for Taylored Expressions: Critters in Costume. A pirate and a cat in one package? Yes! Now hand over all of your candy! Arr! I colored the little pirate with Copic markers and accented with a Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush pen and Glossy Accents. I added a strip of designer paper, a die cut circle, a bit of washi tape, and a panel that was stamped with a sentiment from CMS236 Crazy Talk.

C4CInCostume_B_DanielleLounds

For more inspiration and more details on the challenge head over to the Crazy 4 Challenges Blog. Pictured below are links to some of the products I used to create this card. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Super cool Halloween card! Your background looks fantastic and I love the pirate cat image.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)