Saturday, November 7, 2015

C4C311: Traditional color of Thanks

Hello. I’m kicking off the weekend with my take on the latest challenge from Crazy 4 Challenges. This week we are all about adding some thankful cards to our stash that feature traditional colors of the season. For me that meant lots of fall leaf colors: reds, oranges, yellow, and a bit of green

C4C311_AutumnThanks_A_DanielleLounds

I didn’t do any stamping on my project today, instead I used a combination of dies and embellishments. The little flowers were die cut from designer paper, cardstock, and felt using the Mini Bloomers from Taylored Expressions. I also added a flair button that I designed for Thanksgiving as the sentiment. I used a die from Build a Tag 4 (also from Taylored Expressions) to cut out a panel from designer paper. The pattern was a bit too strong for the flowers so I cut out the same pattern from vellum and layered them together. The panel wasn’t quite strong enough for all of the elements so I cut a third panel from cardstock for more support.

C4C311_AutumnThanks_B_DanielleLounds

I finished the card with a few more embellishments: sequins, baker’s twine, and washi tape.

C4C311_AutumnThanks_C_DanielleLounds

Thanks for stopping by! For more inspiration and to participate in the challenge head over to the Crazy 4 Challenges blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)