Sunday, November 1, 2015

NON21: Monochromatic Thanks

Hello! Did you survive Halloween? I may still be buzzing from all of the candy but I think I’ll make it. Besides enjoying some chocolate treats I spent a good part of the day crafting. Which was perfect because I wanted to make a couple of cards for this month’s Naughty or Nice Challenge to make a monochromatic card with a thanks twist.

For my first card I started off sweet.

NON21SweetieBirds_A_DanielleLounds

I used In & Out Thanks, from Taylored Expressions, for the sentiment. The “thanks” was heat embossed on watercolor paper using blue embossing powder and “for your kindness” was stamped in Archival Jet Black Ink (Ranger) on the card base. For the image I used the pair of birds from Tag-a-long Easter (also from Taylored Expressions) and colored them with Copic Markers. To accent the card I used washi tape, enamel dots, and a resin flower.

NON21SweetieBirds_B_DanielleLounds

For my second card I decided to be a wee bit naughty. I didn’t have the perfect sentiment so I wrote one up in Adobe Illustrator and printed it on a white card base. It makes me giggle.

NON21NaughtyCat_A_DanielleLounds

I paired the sentiment with a cat from Meowwwww (Neat & Tangled). To create the main panel I cut out a grid using the Taylored Expressions Gridlocked die. I backed it with a piece of watercolor paper I colored with an orange watercolor marker from Zig.

NON21NaughtyCat_B_DanielleLounds

I hope you enjoyed today’s cards. For more details on the challenge and to see more samples head over to the Naughty or Nice Challenge Blog. We’d be delighted to have you play along with us this month!

NaughtyOrNiceChallenge_Challenge21

Later gators!

3 comments:

  1. Great cards, Danielle - love them both! Have a great Sunday, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are great! I love the first one, the blue and white are just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are awesome, Danielle! The first one is so sweet with the little birds. Then the second one — a cat and a naughty sentiment? Perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)