Wednesday, November 4, 2015

TE Sneak Peeks: Calendar Critters

Hello Crafty Friends -

I’m excited to share a couple of cards today that use my latest illustrations for Taylored Expressions: Calendar Critters. These little critters were designed to be used on calendars but they are also great for making cards. There are also coordinating dies to make cutting out super easy.

CalendarCritters_A_DanielleLounds

For my project today I made a couple of matching cards featuring a couple of the fall images: little fox in a pile of leaves and a pilgrim turkey.

CalendarCritters_B_DanielleLounds

There are coordinating sentiments for the images so on my first card I used the little turkey and the “gobble gobble” saying. I colored the images with Copic markers and then die cut. I used various dies from the Build-a-tag series and a 1 1/8” circle punch to cut out pieces.

CalendarCritters_C_DanielleLounds

I also used the Scattered Leaves Embossing Folder to add some detail to the background. For embellishment I kept it easy and just used some sequins and twine. For a bit more impact I used some shimmery gold cardstock for the one layer.

CalendarCritters_D_DanielleLounds

A few dimensionals and a bit of foam tape were sacrificed in the making of these cards. ;)

CalendarCritters_E_DanielleLounds

Taylored Expressions is celebrating Release Week with some fabulous giveaways! Visit theTE Blog each Sneak Peek Day this week for details on how you can enter to win.

TECircleLogoPartyHat1

Thanks for visiting! If you'd like to see more projects and new product information, please head over to the TE Blog for a complete list of our participating designers!

Recipe
Stamps: Calendar Critters (Taylored Expressions).
Paper: Peapod and Sugar Cube (Taylored Expressions, gold, designer. Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), Copic Markers.
Dies: Calendar Critters,
Build a Tag 1, Build a Tag 2, and Build a Tag 4 (Taylored Expressions).
Accessories: Scattered Leaves Embossing Folder (Taylored Expressions), foam tape, invory jute, moonshine sequins.

9 comments:

  1. Love your note cards! I'll be borrowing this layout for sure as I can't wait to make even more cards with these cute little guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute Critter creations with great dimension! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, darling cards. Thanks for showing me another way to use those calendar critters. Makes them even harder to resist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful cards, Danielle! I love all of these sweet critters!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE these!! These critters are just adorable!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. love these cards they are so cute

    ReplyDelete
  7. They're so cute, and your cards are pretty and just beautifully made!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These cards are so cute. Dimension with a cute critter is always a winner

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore these - I have a bunch of small images that this would work so well with.
    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)