Sunday, November 29, 2015

Thinking of You Card

Hello, Crafty Friends!

I hope you are having a good weekend. I’m relaxing today after getting back from a fun trip home for Thanksgiving. There was good food, lots of chatting, and even some crafty projects. And I actually finished knitting a scarf that was supposed to be a Christmas gift two years ago. Lol.

I’m also catching up on sharing some projects that I’ve made over the last few weeks and just haven’t had time to blog. This next card uses an embossed leaf that was leftover from making this Fall card.

ThinkingOfYouLeafy_A_DanielleLounds

On this card I decided that the leaf should be front and center and to pair it with a bunch of shabby elements. Just a reminder the leaf was made using the Fall Foliage Thinlets Die Set, various colors of Distress Stain, and Gold Embossing Powder.

I embellished the leaf with a rustic wood button and some jute (May Arts). And behind the leaf is Woven/Burlap ribbon (May Arts) and some Film Strip Ribbon (Idea-ology) layered above a circle of green cardstock that was sponged with Ground Espresso Distress Ink (Ranger).

Next up I adhered some Gold Deco Sheets (Idea-ology) to another piece of card stock. It was a bit bright so I toned it down by adding Twisted Citron Distress Paint (Ranger) dabbed on in a zig zag pattern using the Tim Holtz Zigzag Stencil (Stampers Anonymous). I also sponged with Ground Espresso Distress Ink.

ThinkingOfYouLeafy_B_DanielleLounds

I finished the card with a few enamel dots in a contrasting color and by stamping a sentiment from CMS236 Crazy Talk (Stampers Anonymous).

ThinkingOfYouLeafy_C_DanielleLounds

I must admit that I love all the texture on this card and the bit of gold peeping out here and there. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)